Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Our Path

Eating breakfast beside the banana river I looked up and heard / saw a big splash of water, the trace of some creature who had surfaced and then sunk back into its element. Seeing and hearing happened so closely together that they seemed as one. But they lagged behind the event--a fish jumping, perhaps. All I could see/hear was the trace of the effect. And I thought, it is like that. We live our whole lives within an aftereffect, mistaking it for the thing itself. I imagine--I believe--that what the Buddha found was a way to experience that which is always already happening just prior to our perception of it. And so I follow his path (which of course is no more a path than a splash of water is a fish).


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Cocoa Beach

No comments: